All library locations are closed today
You are here
Chromebooks are fast, secure computers that use Android apps rather than traditional software. They are ideal for internet browsing and working with cloud-based applications.
Available at: All library locations
Apps and Features
- G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Photos, Maps, News)
- Google Chrome
- Numerics Calculator
The Chromebook offers two USB ports, an HDMI port, SD card reader, and a headphone jack.
Using a Chromebook in the Library
- You must have a library card in good standing to borrow a Chromebook. Unconfirmed address cards and digital library cards are not eligible.
- Adults 18 years and older must show ID with their library card to borrow a Chromebook.
- Request a Chromebook at the Information Desk. You may borrow 1 Chromebook per card at a time.
- Chromebooks can be used in the library for up to 4 hours. You cannot renew a Chromebook checkout.
- Chromebooks cannot be placed on hold.
- A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Chromebook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page